Friday, September 24, 2010

This Week

SO... looks like I am not that good at keeping up on this whole blog thing on a regular basis (like every day). But I figure once a week is better than I've been in the past!

There are so  many things that cross my mind throughout the day that I think I should blog about, but never seem to get (or take) the time to log in and write (er, type) it all down. SO maybe I will try to remember them all and fill up one blog entry with like 3 or 4 different ideas! YIKES! Ok, maybe I won't, sounds too boring! So I will stick to just a couple... here goes...

TOP NEWS "STORIES" I COULD DO WITHOUT HEARING ABOUT EVER AGAIN!

1) Lindssy Lohan! Seriously, I am SO over hearing about her in the news. Plus I feel like she is tainting my good name! Like MAYBE I should sue her like she tried to sue E-Trade for using "her name" with "milk-aholic". (Seriously funniest commercial ever!) I was watching the news this morning and they made SUCH a big deal about being at the court house, and finding out she was being remanded...blah blah blah. That girl does belong in jail! I don't care that her daddy thinks she needs rehab and not jail. Yes she needs to be "rehabed" but I think actually being in jail for 30 may do her some good. Being in a plushy rehab center is too easy! I am also WAY over hearing about her because the first morning after Morgan was born and I was still in the hospital, there was NOTHING on but LINDSAY LOHAN! All the news channels were following her going to court, which she was like 20 mins late to. Seriously who gets away with being 20 mins late to appear in court! Ugh!

2) Bell City! Yes, I understand that there was TERRIBLE corruption going on, but really, I am over it. No need to hear about it any more! Why is this news still? It's been going on for weeks (maybe months, I have lost track) now, WHY IS THIS STILL NEWS!

3) Paris Hilton! Ok, maybe she hasn't been in the news as much the last week or so, but a few weeks ago when she was claimed the purse wasn't hers...come on seriously? Since when does that excuse work? Ok I won't gripe for too long on this, see my comments on L.L. above, they pretty much apply here too!

Ok, I guess that takes care of my news stories for now...

Another blog idea that comes to mind is one I stole from a friend... 5 things I am thankful for this month:

1) My time off! Even though I have said time and again that I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom, I am thankful that I have had the time off with my munchkin. I can see how important it has been to bond with my baby during this time. She really is pretty attached to me! Don't get me wrong, she does GREAT around other people. She just loves to be held, and loves to laugh at people, etc. But she really does know me and my voice and my touch. I really like that! Also, I have found out she is a complete HAM for the camera! I had pictures taken (finally) of her! Luckily Sean's cousin Claire is a SUPER talented photographer and offered to take pics! I can't wait to see how they turn out. Also I am thankful for my job. Not only that I love it, love the people I work with, but LOVE that I have a job to go back to. Times are still hard for some people so I am really thankful I have my job! And to top off the fact that I love my job, I am SUPER thankful that I have an awesome boss and office manager that have made it possible for me to take off 3 full months!

2) My parents! Yes, I must be an adult now because I am thankful for my parents and all they have done for me! Both their birthdays are in September so it just reminds me even more that they are wonderful and special people! Sean and I wouldn't be where we are and have the things we do if it wasn't for their help. I also love that they LOVE being grandparents now! It is so fun to watch them with Morgan. Sean and I tease that they are bad grandparents because they spoiled her before she was even born, but we only tease. That's what grandparents are supposed to do.

3) My hubby. He works SO hard! And now that we are in a REAL house that is OURS he has been really good at all the "honey do" projects. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate him and love him, so I won't try here.

4) My friends. Even though I don't see some of them as much as I like, they are all like the beautiful stars that shine at night. I may not see them all the time, but I know they are there. And when I need them, I wish upon them and they are there for me. And they are all beautiful sparkly people, just like stars :)!

5) My pup...yes I said it, my doggie Diesel! I was never a dog person. Didn't grow up with dogs, we always had cats. I still don't do well with dogs, except for my own! HAHA! SHe

I realize that I titled this blog "This Week" and I haven't even mentioned anything about this week yet...

Morgan had a doctors appointment. She is doing great. The doctor said there is absolutely nothing wrong with her, she is great (duh we already knew that!) . She also had her first shots. She was a CHAMP! She really didn't cry any worse than her worst melt-down cry. She lost it when I laid her on the exam bed and she heard the paper crinkle. She HATED it and had a melt-down then. Didn't stop crying until we left the doctor's office. She was great for the rest of the day too. She only got a tad bit fussy, but she never spiked a fever or had any other reaction. Also, she is now 10 lbs, 13 ounces and is 24 inches long. She has grown, but she will be our tall skinny kiddo. She is in the 90% for height, but 50% for weight. The doctor wasn't worried about her weight, so neither am I.

I had picture taken of Morgan. Like I said above, she's a total ham! Can't wait to see them! After her pics, I went into my office to have lunch and then do a little work. It was fun to see everyone again. And work, well I was kind of happy to be there working but it was tough since I had Morgan with me. It was hard to get focused when she would fuss a tad and I had to calm her or put her pacifier back in her mouth etc. When I finally finished the project I was working on, it took like 30 mins just to leave! Saying bye to everyone takes a long time with a munchkin in tow! They are all excited for me to come back so that makes me feel good. It always feels good to feel appreciated!                                                                          

                                                                                                                                                                  

1 comment:

The Luisi Famiy said...

Keep the posts coming!!!!! Even though I am just down the road, neither of us can seem to connect :( but I just love reading about Morgan on here!